At 123CCTV we have broken the barriers of CCTV video resolution. Now you can purchase a system that is higher resolution than 1080p. On this page you can select components to build your own customized 3 Megapixel IP Network Camera System. We've made it easy by narrowing it down to select NVR recorders and IP cameras that we have tested to operate at 3MP resolution. Simply choose the NVR and cameras that will work best for your application.
3 Megapixel cameras are great for situations where you need a lot of detail in your video. So when you playback recorded video you will be able to zoom in farther, more than 1080P or 2 megapixel video will allow you.
Building a IP network camera system starts with the NVR recorder for which we offer 2 choices depending on the total number of cameras you will be recording. Sorry 4 channel NVRs do not allow 3 megapixel video recording, so there are options for 8, 16, 32+ channel NVR recorders only.
Once you select the NVR recorder, be sure to choose storage capacity. The more terabytes (TB) you choose, the longer the video will be recorded.
Please note than NVRs larger than 16 channels do not support POE because of physical size limitations. For larger IP camera systems, we suggest purchasing either multiple 16 port POE switches, or purchase an enterprise POE switch that supports more than 16 ports.
Using a NVR with POE capability is sort of like having a recorder and power distribution unit combined in one. So you only need three things to build a system:
- NVR Recorder with POE
- IP Cameras that are POE capable
If you need to record more than 16 cameras, then you will need the following:
After choosing the recorder and its storage capacity, select the cameras based on the following factors:
- Shape and design
- Night vision distance
- Mounting surface
- Where the camera will be used (indoors or outdoors)
We have also included 2 Megapixel camera options towards the end, just in case you would like to mix it up a bit and have both 3MP and 2 Megapixel cameras on the same system. After you have selected cameras, choose the length of cables you would like and you're done.
If you would like to purchase a monitor to connect to the NVR recorder, or browse through optional accessories, feel free to browse the Related Accessories section.
Here is a summary of features:
- 3 Megapixel IP Cameras that record in resolution higher than 1080p for ultimate video detail
- Camera resolution can be downgraded to 2MP/1080P/1.3MP/720P should you choose by selecting encoding options in the NVR
- H.264 Video Encoding Stream for the highest quality video while conserving bandwidth
- 15 to 20 fps Video Streaming at 3MP (2048 x 1536 pixels)
- Large variety of cameras to choose from:
- Fixed lens IP cameras for wide 80 degree field of view
- Manual zoom IP network cameras that allow angle of view to be adjusted
- Pan Tilt Zoom Cameras for surveillance in day or complete darkness
- POE capability to consolidate video/power/data in to one wire per camera
- Plug and Play connection to NVR allows for easy configuration
- 8, or 16 Channel IP camera inputs with POE
- 32-128 Channel NVR that supports 3MP cameras (non-POE)
- Selectable recording resolutions: 3MP, 2MP, 1.3MP, D1
- Variety of storage options
- 8 Channel NVR supports up to 8TB
- 16 Channel NVR supports up to 16TB
- 32-128 Channel NVR supports up to 64TB
- 1080p HDMI video output to view your cameras in high definition on your HDTV
- H.264 Video Compression to save hard drive space and provide the clearest possible video
- Multiple recording modes: continuous 24/7, schedule based recording, motion detection
- Support remote viewing on smartphones, tablets or computer:
- Google Android Phone or Tablet
- Windows Phone
- Windows PC Computer
- MAC Computer
- Motion Push Alerts automatically sent to your mobile phone when motion detected
- Auto overwrite – automatically recycles video footage by recording over oldest video first
- Easy video backup – easy video backup to a external USB drive or to your computer over the local network or internet
The wiring options for this system include video and power transmission over one wire. There is no need for a electrical outlet near any camera. All you have to do is run the network cable from the camera to the NVR, and that one cable will power the camera using Power Over Ethernet coming from the NVR and transmit video from the IP security camera to the NVR. Note that the PTZ cameras require more power and are not POE. We include 70ft of 18AWG power wire along with a 24V AC power supply for each PTZ camera that is purchased using this system configuration page.
Easy to Setup and Use
If you can run a cable from the camera to the recorder, then you can install your own video security system. To help you along the installation process, we have you covered with great support. Once everything is wired, give us a call and we will help you put your cameras online for remote viewing and answer any installation related questions. Our online YouTube video channel is also packed with great tutorials and product videos. Our online guides and videos teach by example. We spent a lot of time making instructional videos so our customers can quickly learn how to use their security camera system, and get the most out of them without ever having to pick up the manual.
Customized for each user
We offer systems from a range of plug and play CCTV systems to ones that are customized for the DIY user who wants to put together a great professional security camera system for less than half the cost found from the local installation company. You can select storage space, cable types and lengths, and warranty levels when purchasing your camera system.
Save money with no contracts and no monthly fees
At 123CCTV we don't believe in monthly contracts. When you buy a system there are no monthly fees, contracts to sign, or other hidden charges. What you see online is what you pay. View your system from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection connected to the security video recorder provided in this system. You even receive motion alerts without any monitoring fees.
Honest Product Warranties and Lifetime Tech Support
We offer real warranties that we honor when a manufacturer's defect occurs in our products. We don't hype our products with warranties that leave you deserted in case of product failure. If you are not completely satisfied with the product within 30 days of purchase, we will accept exchanges or provide credit for your purchase price. All products come with free USA based technical support for the life of the product. Our knowledgeable and caring support technicians are here to help!